Forms of intimate partner violence and associated HIV risk and vulnerability among women in sex work in Karnataka, India.pdf
- Violence from intimate partners (IPs) in the last six months
- Condom use in intimate relationships
- The relationship between different forms of violence from IPs and condom use with IPs
- Women in sex work experience emotional, physical and sexual violence from their IPs
- Both emotional and sexual violence from IPs lower the condom use within their relationship, whereas physical violence from IPs also lower condom use with their clients
- It is important to address IPV in the HIV prevention programmes in order to mitigate the risk of HIV transmission
Read more about STRIVE’s involvement at SVRI Forum 2015 here.